Tuesday, April 15, 2008

At the end of the day, a loving family should find everything forgivable. ~ Mark V. Olsen and Will Sheffer, Big Love, "Easter"

I know I haven't posted in over a month on this blog, but, if you've read my personal diary blog, you already know that a lot has been going on in my life: The estrangement from my son, the death of my brother-in-law and, lastly, the death of my sister, Kim.

When my sister passed away this past Saturday, three out of the remaining four sisters came together to support each other and Kim's family. Because of petty arguments and resentments, the reasons for which are long forgotten, we hadn't been together in one place for over 16 years.

All of these events have simply taken their toll on my energy and priorities. I haven't even been cooking a lot. Tom has been doing most of what little cooking being done in our house and we've been getting a lot of take-out.

However, I did a lot of cooking before that and I think I am now back on track because today I am making something new: Stout Braised Lamb Shanks. I will take photos and share the recipe this week, along with other wonderful food I enjoyed in March.

So... keep your eyes peeled. I am almost back...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...