Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It Sounded Like a Good Idea at the Time...

I was so excited to try these. They sounded delicious. It's Nigella Lawson's recipe. How could I go wrong?



What's wrong with this picture? Nothing is wrong with the picture. Don't they look wonderful? In my opinion, it's the recipe. I made Nigella's recipe for Baklava Muffins from a recipe I got here. I won't bother to post the whole recipe. Why? Let me count the reasons:

  • Half of the muffin stuck to paper muffin cup. It made a horrible mess when I was eating it and who wants to scrape a tough muffin skin off the paper muffin cup using your teeth? Not me.

  • Did I mention they were tough? Not like cake or a muffin at all. Dense and almost flavorless.

  • The cinnamon-sugar mixture in the middle of the muffin didn't melt even a little like I thought it would. The mixture stayed crumbly and, therefore, dropped out all over the place while I was eating it.

  • "Drizzling" with honey does NOT make the muffin taste like baklava.


And, I really, really wanted these to be good!

If anyone has made these and had a different experience, please leave a comment and tell me what you did right and I did wrong!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...