Monday, September 17, 2007

Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops

Back in August, I saw a recipe on Nic's food blog for Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops that I just had to try. They looked so delicious and tasted even better. I couldn't believe that such a simple recipe could be so outstanding. I served them with Roasted Rosemary Potatoes and Sauteed Brussel Sprouts. Here is how they turned out...



Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
(Recipe Courtesy of Nic in the Kitchen, who adapted it from Giada De Laurentis recipe)

3 to 4 pork chops (I chose the large, boneless butterflied chops)
2 eggs
Italian bread crumbs
Parmesan cheese, fresh ~ finely grated
Salt & pepper
Olive oil

Whisk the eggs in a pie plate to blend. Place the bread crumbs in another pie plate. Place the cheese in a third pie plate. Sprinkle the pork chops generously with salt and pepper. Coat the chops completely with the cheese, patting to adhere. Dip the chops into the eggs, then coat completely with the bread crumbs, patting to adhere.

Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a very large skillet over medium heat. Add pork chops, in batches if necessary, and cook until golden brown and the center reaches 150 degrees, about 6 minutes per side.

As I said, I used the large, boneless butterflied chops and 6 minutes on each side was not enough time for the meat to come up to temperature. In addition, I didn't want them to be any darker, so I did as Nic did with hers. I put the chops in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.

They were perfectly done, juicy and tender on the inside, and crunchy on the outside.

The Rosemary Potatoes are simple. I cut up the potatoes into pieces (just larger than bite size) and put them in a bowl. Add enough olive oil to coat, salt & pepper to taste; sprinkle with a teaspoon or two of ground dried rosemary and some grated parmesan cheese. Toss to coat the potatoes really well. Pour onto baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 400 degrees until done (about 45 minutes). Crispy outside, tender inside. Yummy and so, so easy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...