Saturday, February 2, 2008

"Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea, Yeah Pepto Bismol!"



Sorry if I ruined your appetite, but this wonderful Cranberry Horseradish Relish is really an ugly, unappetizing color... the color of Pepto Bismol. It really doesn't look like it belongs on plate. But I swear to you it is delicious!

As I posted back in November and December, we did not have Thanksgiving dinner at our house last year. Tom's sister cooked dinner at their house. As much as I love it when someone else does the cooking and serving, when all is said and done, I miss the leftovers. So Tom and I always have our own small turkey dinner.

We always make turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, but I wanted something just a little different this year and when I came across this recipe, I thought I'd try it. It really didn't sound very tasty, but the people on a forum that I visit just raved about it. So I thought, what the heck! I might as well try it.

Look, I know it looks awful. I completely agree with you, but, not only is it delicious on turkey, we had it with these Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops that I initially posted back in September 2007. The recipe makes a lot for the two of us, so I had frozen the rest to use later.



Mama Stamberg's Cranberry Relish
Adapted from NPR, Susan Stamburg, Nov 23, 2006


2 cups whole raw cranberries, washed
1 small onion
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish (not horseradish sauce)

Put cranberries and onion in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Do not puree.

Add the sour cream, sugar and horseradish and mix well.

Put in a plastic container and freeze.I divided it into two containers.

About an hour and a half or so before you are ready to serve, remove from the freezer and allow to thaw just until a few ice slivers remain. It should be thick and creamy and, of course, that bright pink color.

Makes about 1-1/2 pints.

1 comment:

Stephanie Butler said...

I had a nausea last time and it really feels so bad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...