Saturday, February 2, 2008

"Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea, Yeah Pepto Bismol!"



Sorry if I ruined your appetite, but this wonderful Cranberry Horseradish Relish is really an ugly, unappetizing color... the color of Pepto Bismol. It really doesn't look like it belongs on plate. But I swear to you it is delicious!

As I posted back in November and December, we did not have Thanksgiving dinner at our house last year. Tom's sister cooked dinner at their house. As much as I love it when someone else does the cooking and serving, when all is said and done, I miss the leftovers. So Tom and I always have our own small turkey dinner.

We always make turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, but I wanted something just a little different this year and when I came across this recipe, I thought I'd try it. It really didn't sound very tasty, but the people on a forum that I visit just raved about it. So I thought, what the heck! I might as well try it.

Look, I know it looks awful. I completely agree with you, but, not only is it delicious on turkey, we had it with these Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops that I initially posted back in September 2007. The recipe makes a lot for the two of us, so I had frozen the rest to use later.



Mama Stamberg's Cranberry Relish
Adapted from NPR, Susan Stamburg, Nov 23, 2006


2 cups whole raw cranberries, washed
1 small onion
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish (not horseradish sauce)

Put cranberries and onion in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Do not puree.

Add the sour cream, sugar and horseradish and mix well.

Put in a plastic container and freeze.I divided it into two containers.

About an hour and a half or so before you are ready to serve, remove from the freezer and allow to thaw just until a few ice slivers remain. It should be thick and creamy and, of course, that bright pink color.

Makes about 1-1/2 pints.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a nausea last time and it really feels so bad.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Nice stuff! Informative blog and easy to understand. Keep sharing.
Upset Stomach

Anonymous said...

Wow! Nice stuff! Informative blog and easy to understand. Keep sharing.
Sofa & Sectionals

LIAQAT said...

Very good and informative post you have share.thanks for sharing.Decor Styles

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...