Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It's Wednesday and What's Outside My Kitchen Window?

I am having such a good time with this, thanks to Debbie @ The Friday Friends. Every Wednesday we are going to post photos of What is Outside My Kitchen Window.

My backyard is what is outside my kitchen window. And what a difference just a few days makes. And a little rain over the weekend. And a lot of warm sunshine.

You know that pergola outside my kitchen window that I posted last week...



There are four wisterias planted next to and growing up and around the posts on the back side of that pergola. Last week they were barely blooming and leafing out. But look at them now...



Go ahead, click on the photo to enlarge it.

Then there are the roses I planted against the fence next to the shed to make it look like a little country cottage, except Tom hasn't done the "country cottage" thing on the outside yet so it still looks like a shed. But the roses are blooming!



I apologize for the shadow on photo. My camera is doing weird things lately.

The aquatic plants we put in the pond last year are coming up nicely. We also added six goldfish, which you cannot see in this picture, but they survived the winter and are fat and sassy! Those lily pads will have flowers later in the season. I can't wait to show them to you.



Then there is my garden, which, as of last Saturday, has a fence surrounding it because our lovely dog, Goldie, decided to lay on one of our newly planted basil plants. I planted three kinds of tomatoes: grape, roma and an heirloom. Two kinds of squash: zucchini and yellow. Along with basil, lavender, Italian parsley and dill.



When I saw Debbie's backyard, I just loved her Adirondack chairs. I have four of them, still in boxes from my birthday two years ago because I've been too lazy to paint them. But, look out! I'm feeling energetic and rarin' to go. I am going to paint each one of them a different color...



I can't wait to show you!

And, finally, my little clematis that I planted late in the summer last year. It had only one lonely bloom. Look at it now...



5 comments:

Debbie said...

OMG!!! so beautiful!!! Darn it, I really want to come to your cook out this weekend. LOL

Bunny said...

I can't wait to see your yard when the weather gets better and things start to take off! I'm really looking forward to seeing the chairs painted too!

Karen said...

Can't wait to see the progression of your garden! Love the colors you chose for the chairs... will look forward to seeing them, too :)

Lori Lynn said...

Hi Terri - thanks for the tour. I love wisteria, I'm wondering if that will work in my yard...

YAY for painting the chairs different colors, great choices, looking forward to seeing the finished product in your yard.
LL

Terri said...

LL: Wisteria is a tough vine. I think it will grow just about anywhere. When I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area, I had a friend who had a wisteria that she trained to grow as a tree. It was enormous and absolutely gorgeous in the spring. I'm sure you could get one to grow in southern California.

Bunny, Karen & LL: Haven't started painting those chairs yet. Working on re-doing our extra bedroom. Soon, though. Soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...