First of all, let me apologize in advance for the not-so-great photo. I didn't plan on posting this so I took the photo with my phone, and this is the best of the three photos I took.
Like I said, I didn't plan on posting this, but these turned out so darn tasty that I had to share.
These morsels really don't require a recipe. We sort of slapped them together by the seat of our pants, using the flavors we love with Buffalo anything.
Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- 1 roasted deli chicken, picked from the bones and shredded
- 1/2 to 1 cup Buffalo wing sauce (we used Frank's)
- 2 - 4 tablespoons of butter
- about 1/2 of a bag of tortilla chips
- 1 bag of grated cheese (we used Kraft Mexican 4-cheese)
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- shredded lettuce (we used finely sliced romaine)
- chunky blue cheese salad dressing (you could use ranch dressing, if that's your preference)
Be sure to have all your ingredients ready to go. This goes fast.
In a saucepan large enough to hold all the chicken, add the wing sauce and butter and heat until it's boiling and the butter is melted. Add the chicken and keep warm.
On a large baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray, lay the tortilla chips in a single layer. Sprinkle the chips with 2 or 3 handfuls of cheese. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 3 minutes until the cheese is just barely melted. Remove from oven.
Drop the chicken as evenly as possible over the chips and cheese. Be sure to use all of the chicken. Top with another 2 or 3 handfuls of cheese and return it to the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
Sprinkle the tomato, onions and shredded lettuce over the cheesy chicken, drizzle with salad dressing (as much or as little as you like) and serve.
That's it. The most time consuming part of this is breaking down and shredding the chicken, which can be done a few hours or even the day before and refrigerated until ready to use.