Sunday, January 13, 2013

What's For Dinner??

I have some energy today. I mean that I have more energy and enthusiasm for blogging than I have for a very long time. And I'm glad to be back.

I've never been one to write a weekly menu. I can't ever stick to it. No matter what I plan and commit to paper for any one day, my palate often rejects because it just doesn't sound appetizing at the time or, on rare occasions, I simply don't feel like cooking.

But to mitigate the stress of the times when I don't even want to think about what to make for dinner, while my mind is clear, I write down a list of dishes to choose from. It's more flexible and that's what I like about it. I hang the list of meals with the heading "What's for Dinner??" on the side of the refrigerator, along with the printed recipes. I can change it up or modify it if I desire to do so.

So this is what we are tentatively having for dinner this week:

Fish Tacos with Mexican Rice and Refried Beans

Beef Bourguignon with Mashed Potatoes and Roasted Beets & Greens

Taco Tater Tot Bake with a Salad and Avocado Dressing

Chicken Saltimbocca with Angel Hair Pasta and Sautéed Zucchini & Onions

Cuban Chorizo Sweet Potato Stew with Crusty Bread

Pork Banh Mi Burgers with Vietnamese Slaw

Garlic Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and Honey Glazed Carrots

I may, at some point during the week, opt to make some changes, but this is a good start, don't you think?

So, do you make menus? What are you having this week?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...